Breakouts, pimples, acne or whatever you call them can be very annoying, stressful and make us feel less beautiful. There are so many reasons why we get breakouts, but the main reason is having our pores clogged with oil and dead skin cells. I usually get them when Mother Nature visits, when I travel or when I’m stressed. Here are some tips on how I keep my face breakout free.
- A clean face: washing your face is very important. avoid harsh soaps or cleansers. In the morning I usually just wash my face with the same soap I wash my body with. Black soap is my favorite. I purchase mine at Whole Foods market but you can find it here: Allafia black soap. At night I cleanse my face with caudalie instant foaming cleanser. I also change my sheets every week and I wash my pillow as well(as needed). If you have a pillow that can’t be washed, try changing it as often as possible. Use clean face towels as well.
- Minimize your makeup use: NEVER go to bed with makeup, it clogs your pores. I know a-lot of people use makeup to hide breakouts, but that will make it worse, let your face breath.
- Use a clay mask, it drys up the pimples. one of my favorites when I have major breakouts is Aztec clay mask. This mask is amazinggggg.
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. I loveeee the Ocean sea salt scrub from Lush. Since this post is about breakouts, which means most of the people reading it will have oily skin, so this scrub should do wonders for you(at least that’s what I think).
- Stop eating too much meat and oily foods. My Malian people won’t be too thrilled about this, because meat and oily foods are part of the Malian diet.
- Exercise, you need to sweat, even if it’s just for 30 mins.
- Drink lots of water. I put lemon in my water, which helps me drink more.
- Last but not least, stop touching your face and picking at your pimples.
How to use the clay mask:
- Put some clay into a plastic bowl,
- Add some apple cider vinegar, enough to make a paste.
- Mix well with a plastic spoon.
Smile, you are beautiful.