Now if you have 4C hair you know how hard it is to keep it soft and manageable. A trip to the hair salon is no help because they use the products that they have available on everyone. For as long as I can remember I used a relaxer on my hair because I thought that was the only way to manage it. After giving birth to my daughter, I started caring for her hair and reading a lot about our hair. It then hit me, if I could take care of my daughter’s natural hair, and manage it, why was I still using a relaxer?
I decided to cut my hair in June 2018 and just let it grow naturally, without using chemicals.
Here are the steps on how I keep my hair soft: (I do this once every two weeks).
- invest in a steamer
- Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar (2/4 cider in one cup of water)
- Rinse the cider with lukewarm water, and remove all the cider out of the hair.
- In a bowl, mix Chebe powder, coconut oil, avocado oil, a few drops of peppermint oil and castor oil together. It should look like the picture below.
- Apply the mixture on your wet hair and use the steamer for 10mins
- shampoo your hair and condition your hair. use the long tooth comb while conditioning to get rid of the excess Chebe (yes some grains might stay in your hair)
Don’t forget to be KIND.
With love, Fatou